Tuesday, November 18, 2014

the point of carolinas








What a privilege. It was incredible to look at this cabin of girls and see how much my relationships with them have grown in just 1 year. What a mission! What an amazing purpose I've been given by the Lord, to have the opportunity to walk through high school with these girls and love them and watch them grow and mess up and succeed and everything in between. As I lay my head down Saturday night I was overwhelmed at how much I love these girls and how much I feel honored to be able to hear their stories -- especially the parts of their stories that very few people know.  

As Jesus sacrificed everything to be in relationship with us, he has called us to love others in this same way. He's given me eyes to see and a heart to love these girls whole heartedly, without strings or conditions.

1 Thessalonians 2: 7-8
We took you just as you were. We were never patronizing, never condescending, but we cared for you the way a mother cares for her children. We loved you dearly. Not content to just pass on the Message, we wanted to give you our hearts. And we did.





No comments:

Post a Comment