Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Target inspired DIY minimalist copper figurine



So I have this moment alot, where I'm walking through a store or looking at something in pinterest and think "I could make that instead of buying it". I get it from my mom. I've been eyeing this beautiful figurine for weeks and finally gathered the tools to make something like it. Of course, this figurine is not exactly the same but I feel you get the same simple, clean and pretty vibe from it. You can find all of these supplies at your local Lowe's or Home Depot

Here's what you need:
two 1/4" X 2' soft copper tubes
tube cutter 
copper wire 
copper wire cutter (I used the one on a multitool)


Take your tube cutter (here's how I learned to use it) and cut your pipe into these measurements:

three pieces 8"
two pieces 5"
one pieces 3"







Feed your copper wire through your cut pipe until you have the desired shape. Above, you can somewhat see the step by step process I did. It's not too complicated. In the end, I took some longer pieces and fed them through each binding point just to make it a little stronger.



Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I find this seriously impressive! I usually shy away from any DIYs requiring wire cutters, but this is inspiring me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as scary as it seems! You should try it and let me know how it turns out. I've thought about doing so many more shapes since making this one

      Delete