Sunday, January 11, 2015

a weekend away









This weekend, we spent the weekend at a "cabin" in Hot Springs, NC. We thought we rented a cabin...but when we got there it was actually a beautiful, spacious house out in the middle of nowhere! We had it all to ourselves and it was so peaceful to have nobody else around. It was quiet. I was dancing on my toes with excitement when the Moose's (Mooses, Meese? I'm not sure what to call them) pulled in, with baby Merritt packed nicely in the womb. I am already so in love with baby Merritt already! Casey and I thought for sure that Matt and Aly would decline our invitation to our weekend getaway seeing as Aly is 8 months pregnant, but nope. Turns out Aly is the coolest, most low maintenance prego lady I've ever met. #teamAly

We spent the weekend playing games, sharing life, eating great {whole30} food together and laughing. I didn't get out of my pajamas all day yesterday and it was glorious. I also drank 5 cups of coffee simply because I could sit and drink it before it went cold. We talked about babies and the fever is boiling y'all. But we will continue to wait! We missed Albus and Marcel a lot but it was nice to have some "adult" time. 

It was so much fun to spend so much time with our closest friends who have walked with us through our marriage and to look at all of the stories and adventures and happiness the Lord has brought us through these four. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment