Wednesday, January 7, 2015

whole 30 chicken and sweet sausage kabobs with rosemary caulirice



Ingredients: 

2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces 
2 Aidell's Chicken & Apple Sausage, sliced
1 bell pepper, cubed
1 zuccini, sliced
mushrooms, halved
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2-3 tablespoons coconut aminos
lemon pepper seasoning
garlic salt

1/4 head of cauliflower
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
rosemary

For this dish, I prepped my veggies for the kabobs as soon as I brought them home from the store. One of the most beneficial habits I've gotten in is to go ahead and clean and cut any veggies and meats as neccessary as soon as I get home from the store. This cuts out tons of time used later in the week when I need to make a meal fast. I was able to come home from work and skewer these immediately and coat them in my marinade for Casey to grill outside while I made the caulirice. Casey isn't a huge fan of cauli rice but I love it! He says it's just not fun to pretend to eat rice...I think it's quite fun. So anywho, I ran my uncooked cauliflower through my food processor, pulsing until it was pretty grainy. Then, I put it in a pan with some melted ghee and crushed rosemary and stirred it around on medium heat until the cauliflower started to soften. Be careful not to cook it too long though because it can get mushy if you do so.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment