Thursday, January 22, 2015

minimalist light fixture inspiration

So until Casey lost his job in December, we were seriously looking into buying a house here in Asheville when our lease is up in May buuuuut with the other half of our income being a little uncertain we've decided to push off those plans and continue to rent for the next year. Which means I have the itch to change all sorts of things in our house since we're going to be there for a while longer. I think the first stop is going to be changing some lighting situations in our house. Our living room has no overhead lighting and I'd like to simplify our small bedroom to make it look a little less small. Hubs is also going to be building us a new bed frame/platform but it could be a while before that is done. And he's going to build us some simple nightstand tables. And did I mention buying him a table saw for Christmas was the best idea ever? I'm so excited! Here are a few things I've been playing around with and considering for our bedroom:
 

 

DIY Pendant Lamp - paint the bracket same color as wall.
 

DIY Copper Pipe Wall Sconce | Claire Zinnecker for Camille Styles http://camillestyles.com/life-2/transformed-copper-pipe-wall-sconce/
{3}
 
And to install in our living room:
 
DIY light fixture
 
 
 
 
created at: 04/30/2012
 
 
 
 
All of these require minimal installation and would be easy to take down (since it's not our house) which I love!
 
 
 
 
IF YOU'VE MADE IT THIS FAR:
You'll need to know that I'm selling tons of stuff from my closet on instagram @ashtonzagerscloset and that if you use the hashtag #girlgonewife when claiming an item, I will give you 20% off! Go! Shop now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment