Wednesday, April 1, 2015

maple cranberry brussel sprouts



It all started with my love of craisins. I love them. I love adding them to salads, granola, etc. But you can't find sugar free, or artificial sweetener free craisins ANYWHERE. So I made my own.

for the craisins:

frozen craisins (because you can't find them fresh this time of year)
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup 100% maple syrup

Boil cranberries with 1/2 cup coconut sugar until most of them pop. Drain out the water and pop any that are unpopped. Mix with remaining coconut sugar and maple syrup and spread over a parchment paper covered sheet tray. Start a movie and bake in oven at 150 for 2-3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until cranberries are dry and gummy.



I made a big batch of these to add to salads and stuff for the next couple weeks! Totally worth the time.

for the brussel sprouts:

brussel sprouts cut into thirds or fourths. Sautee in coconut or olive oil on medium-medium high heat with lemon pepper seasoning and a tablespoon of 100% maple syrup for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Once brussels are soft, add your craisins.



Happy April Fools Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment